2013 Sonora Review Essay Contest
February 12, 2013 § 2 Comments
1. Our 2013 Sonora Review Essay Contest is currently underway! Dinty W. Moore, editor of Brevity Magazine and author of Between Panic and Desire (winner of the Grub Street Book Prize for Nonfiction), will serve as the judge.
- 1st Place: $500 and publication in Sonora Review’s Issue 64.
- 2nd Place: $250 (and possible publication)
- 3rd place: $75 (and possible publication)
2. Issue 63, our Banned Books Issue, will be released at AWP next month in Boston.
- Issue 63 will include nonfiction pieces from BJ Hollars, author of Opening the Doors: The Desegregation of the University of Alabama and the Fight for Tuscaloosa (forthcoming from the University of Alabama Press); Abigail Thomas, author of Safekeeping and A Three Dog Life; Manuel Munoz, author of What You See in the Dark; Kaethe Schwehn, an up-and-coming writer out of Minnesota; and an ensemble of other wickedly talented writers.
Be sure to stop by our AWP booth and take a look!
3. We are now accepting submissions for Issue 64 of Sonora Review. We’re currently working on our “theme” for this issue, but please feel free to send us work on any subject/s and in whatever form/s that speak to you.