HippoCamp 18 Call for Speakers
November 17, 2017 § 4 Comments
We’ve posted before about how much we enjoy the HippoCamp experience. Well folks, they just posted their call for speakers for the upcoming 2018 event. (BTW: When HippoCamp says “Speakers,” they don’t mean famous people. They mean working, sometimes struggling, writers.) See here:
HippoCamp’s programming is mostly for-attendees, by attendees! With the exception of keynotes and a few panels, our conference is built from the proposals YOU submit!
We’re enthusiastically inviting attendees who also are interested in being part of our speaker line-up to submit a session proposal for HippoCamp: A Conference for Creative Nonfiction Writers (Aug. 24-26) in one of our three traditional tracks, our new addition of a special topics track, or our flash sessions:
- Breakout Sessions in four tracks:
We’re looking for dynamic speakers and engaging, informative, practical 60-minute sessions that will give our attendees actionable takeaways. Breakout session presenters will receive a special discounted attendee rate (about 60% off conference registration).
- CREATE – craft topics related to CNF
- SHARE – sessions related to publishing and promotion – getting your work out there
- LIVE – sessions dedicated to living the writer’s life: how to balance writing with family and/or a job, how to make ends meet, etc.
- SPECIAL TOPICS – sessions devoted to either a niche writing area, or bigger-picture topics related to writers today. (In 2017, these included writing across intersections, recovery memoirs, science of memory, and travel writing.)
- Lightning-Round (Flash!) presentation: HippoCamp will hold a general session featuring five 7-minute presentations (PechaKucha Style) by select attendees. Flash session presenters will receive a special discounted attendee rate (about 50% off conference registration).
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
- Submission period is between Sept. 30 and Dec. 15, 2017
- Sessions are reviewed and selected by the conference programming committee.
- We’ll announce the line-up in late December/early January before tickets go on sale in late January/early February.
Interested? More Details Here.
Reblogged this on e-Quips and commented:
If you like writing retreats and would like to be a speaker (even if you are not famous), then read on!
Perhaps I’ve just read poorly but I can’t find any place that names the location of the 2018 HippoCamp. Can anyone tell me where it is to be held? Last year was Lancaster, PA. Is it always there?
Laura – 2018 will also be in charming downtown Lancaster, Pa!
Great! Within easy driving distance for me in Annapolis. Thanks!