Get Your Burlesque On!
September 3, 2014 § 1 Comment
Burlesque Press has announced its second annual Literary Festival with Keynote Speakers Joy Castro and Lee Gutkind. The Conference will be held December 28, 2014 to December 31, 2014 at the Maison St Charles, in New Orleans. Yes kids, you heard us right! Visit New Orleans for New Year’s Eve, and call it professional development.
This year’s festival theme is Silver & Gold: Wealth and Economics in Creative Writing and Literature. The Masquerade Ball will also have a silver and gold theme. Presentations are, however, invited on any aspect of creative writing and contemporary literature.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Economics in Literature
- The role of wealth in fairy tales
- The use of “rags to riches” plot devices
- Creative Writing Pedagogical Issues
- Creative Writing in the Composition Classroom
- Analyses of Contemporary Literature
- Contemporary Author Spotlights
- Southern Literature Past, Present, and Future
- YA, Fantasy, Crime Fiction, and Sci-Fi
- Online and Traditional Publishing
- The Current and/or Future State of Publishing
- Individual or Group Readings of Creative Work
Students at all collegiate levels are invited and encouraged to submit proposals.
We will also feature a book section where presenters, local publishers, small presses and others are welcome to display their work. Contact email@example.com for more information.
To submit, include a brief description of your proposed panel, reading, or paper in a word document along with the names of fellow presenters or panelists and submit it free via Submittable: http://burlesquepress.submittable.com/submit/27866
To register for the conference, or to learn more about the Hands On Literary Festival and Masquerade Ball, or for any and all inquiries about the conference, please visit our website www.burlesquepressllc.com or contact the director of Burlesque Press, Jennifer Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.